A primary care focused pay-for-performance program at Florida Blue has been transitioned this year into a statewide patient-centered medical home initiative.
While the Recognizing Physician Excellence program (RPE) program had moved the bar on quality metric performance, the move to the PCMH provides a look at both the quality and efficiency factors of a patient’s care.
An under-the-hood look into the details of this successful new program will be presented during The Patient-Centered Medical Home: Lessons from a Statewide Rollout, a 45-minute webinar on May 10th at 1:30 pm Eastern, Barbara Haasis, R.N., CCRN, senior clinical lead, quality reward and recognition programs at Florida Blue, will share how the health plan transitioned from the RPE program into a medical home model.
She will share:
- Lessons learned from the first year of a PCMH pilot program and how this shaped the statewide rollout;
- The criteria for which physician practices were selected to participate in the program;
- The shared savings approach through which practices will be reimbursed;
- The role of a nurse educator in helping the practices transform;
- Reporting practice results to drive further improvement;
- Results in total cost of care from physicians originally enrolled in the pay-for-performance program, now in the first quarter of the PCMH.
For more information or to register, please contact call 800-516-4343 or click on this link now: http://store.hin.com/product.asp?itemid=4401